Sunday, November 7, 2010

Artist Statement

           Photography has become a new love of mine. Even though I am not the best photographer in the world, I am still proud of my work. My goal is to become a good enough photographer to either major or minor in photography. Recently I was able to shadow a photographer and help take pictures at two different weddings. Doing this, I was able to see that I am a good photographer when I can experiment with different photographs and not worry about what the final piece is supposed to look like. I was also able to use a nice camera at the weddings. Using this, I noticed that I am able to take better photographs when I have the tools necessary to fulfill it. With having different experiences with photography, I am able to see that I am stronger in different styles of photographs.      
          When I first decide to take a photo, I look at what the weather is like outdoors. I look at that first because I have noticed that I capture better pictures if I am focusing on something in nature. To make the image a little more interesting, I usually focus on the Rule of Thirds technique. I use this technique because I feel like it gives the picture a different look and style.
           Lately, I have been experimenting with Photoshop. Using Photoshop has been a little difficult for me to do though. I am not familiar with all of the tools, and I am not the best at knowing what to fix or add to a picture that has already been taken. I am trying to challenge myself with using Photoshop so that my images can have a more "finished look".

No comments:

Post a Comment