Sunday, November 7, 2010

Altered Book: Family History

The family history I chose to put in my book was about how most of my family has or is attending Brigham Young University. My grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and siblings have all gone there. And one day, I hope to attend there as well. 

The Process:
To start off, I put gesso on the pages so that it would be easier to work around the words on the page. Next, I found the pictures to be put on the page, and printed them off. I also found the BYU logo and put it on the page. Since the logo is large, and the rest of the pictures look alike, I wanted to make the logo look different. So I cut it out and sanded it so that it would look old and have a different texture.
Next, I glued the pictures in place. I then wrote about my family tradition about attending BYU. After I wrote about the tradition, I put stickers on the page spelling out "BYU Fans" and "Family History".

 Lastly, I put brads on the pages to make the page look more like it was finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment