Monday, September 13, 2010

Social Commentary

"Words hurt" was my title of this project. I based it on verbal abuse and how some words can seem more harsh than others. I put knives coming out of one of the girls mouth which progressively get larger by the time they reach the other girls ear. This is supposed so represent how words can be portrayed differently.

I took a picture of two girls and took pictures of different types of knives. Then I took the knives and made them smaller to resemble the words coming out of the mouth. the knives are going different directions so it looks like they're being "thrown" out of the mouth. I also had the girl in the blue the focal point since she is the one getting hurt and I wanted to see her facial expression better.

When I edited my picture, I kept the image the same, but added words to the knives. I did this to represent that the knives were some words that can offend others.



2 comments:

  1. I found this website on tips for taking photos. There is a ton of great stuff here: http://www.photographytips.com/

    I know you want help in photo techniques, does this get you started?

    ReplyDelete